Tuesday 19 May 2009

My 5 favourite people in the Baptist Union, number 5: Simon Woodman

Disclaimer 1: This is NOT in any particular order, all these people are my equal favourites.

Disclaimer 2: Obviously I am only drawing from the people I have personal acquaintance with, although I'll try and spread the net as far as possible.

So let's begin with the first entry, New Testament lecturer, Apocalyptic aficianado and all round good guy, Simon Woodman.



To be honest, I don't have to say much about this guy that hasn't already been said, so i'll leave it up to the 'Rev. Simon Woodman appreciation society' (seriously, his students set up a facebook group) to mention some of the many reasons why this dude is awesome:



For all those who know and love the legend that is Rev. Simon Woodman! This self-confessed "plagairism ninja" has done the seemingly impossible - he's made biblical studies fun! The epitome of geek chic, this man is a total LEGEND. From his amusing anecdotes to his badly drawn maps of the Holy land, he's the reason I'm doing my degree at Cardiff! If you are similarly impressed by his brilliant lecturing skills, his obsession with the Johannine writings as well his amazing ability to recite all of the books of the Bible in one breath join this group and don't forget to invite your friends!!

He's got 53 members!

Here's to you Simon, and here's to your dreams.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent work! Great photo selection too. That Christmas pic is one of my all-time favourites. I still think that's the one they should use for the Baptist Times!

    ReplyDelete